CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.25.2010

Baby Girl Cupcakes & Cake


I have been excited for months (thx to the organized mommy) to do the treats for Isabel's first birthday party. The colors were to be bright yellow, bright orange and bright pink. We did the chocoholics with a bright orange frosting, the strawberry blondes were tinted further to become hot pink, and rather than put the guava chiffon gel on the outside, I kept it hidden on the inside and airburshed the tops bright yellow. I thought that they were so fun, fresh and fantastic.

Then there was the cake. (dun-dun-dun....!!!) At the last minute the cake was added to the order, and although I knew it was a stretch I knew I wanted to make it for them. Long story short: I had to go home and fix the cake not once, but twice!!! I was ready to die. I've never had a cake have frosting melt right off it, and then on trip two slide into the side of the pan. It was crazy and I was about to lose it. I called the mother, and she was great and I knew I could still get it to her on time. In the end, everything turned out well and the party looks fantastic!

Oh yeah, she also ordered 30 sugar cookie pops for the kiddies. I thought I'd make them look kinda fun with multi-colored swirls. Looks like the kids couldn't keep their hands off them :) You'll have to check out the photographer's page to view these babies. All these wonderful pictures were taken by Elsie Mcdonald Lopez I haven't met this cute girl yet, but she sure can take amazing pix!

4 comments:

Elsie N Lopez

Hey! I'm so glad I can look at you blog now! Thanks for the shout out. Your cupcakes really were delicious. My favorite were definitely the strawberry blonde, YUM!

Cassie

SO stinkin' cute! Love the colors and the baby cake. Wish you were closer so I could have you here for my kiddos 3rd and 5th next year...yep, already planning. I sort of ripped them off this year. ;)

Line

So adorable and love the fun colors.

mary

yuuuuuum!! love the colors tina. looked DELICiOUS!!