CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.30.2010

Avatar Cake

As always, there's a story behind this cake.

One day I got an e-mail asking if I could make an Avatar (The Last Airbender) cake for her son's 7th birthday. She had attached a picture of what she wanted and said she really liked my work. I felt nervous and underqualified so I e-mailed her back that I'd need a day to think about it and may just refer her somewhere else.

Later that same day, I showed my hubba bubba (husband) the requested picture and he said, "you can do that!" My self confidence was restored and I e-mailed the mother back saying I would be able to do the cake.

It was tricky, and I learned a lot, but I LOVE the way it turned out! My son was sad to see it go, just as he was with the Transformers cake, and Spiderman cupcakes, but excited for the little boy to receive it. Happy Birthday Loi!