CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.01.2010

Tina's Tuesday Tip: $2 DIY cakestand

This is one of my favorite cake stands. Not because it's the most beautiful, or biggest, or anything grand really, but because A) I made it and B) it was $2!


Here's how you can make one too:

supplies
-1 candlestick holder (got mine @ the dollar store)
-1 glass plate (also from the dollar store)
-a tiny bit of GORILLA GLUE

directions
-put a thin line (too much will really show like mine) of gorilla glue around top ring of candlestick holder
-hover and center glass plate over candlestick holder
-push down gently
-place something somewhat heavy on top to keep in place (can of soup, bag of beans...)
-let dry overnight
-use frequently and don't worry, it was $2!!!

I use mine all the time when I have left overs, or someone brings me a treat (anyone? anyone?). The pic isn't great, but it really looks nice with treats on it rather than by itself, hey, it looks nicer and is cheaper a dinner plate, and if my kids get to it and break it, no big deal. Love it!

Do you have a DIY (do it yourself) tip to share?

2 comments:

Talofa Teine Jewelry

Thank you for sharing this!! You just saved me $30 (from buying cupcake holders) YAY!! Thanks again!

DeCaires Chronicles

LOVE this idea!!! i have a bunch of glass plates that i need to put to use! I will do it. Any idea for a cover??