CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.30.2010

Tina's Tuesday Tip: Quick & Easy Cobbler

There's nothing better than a yummy treat made with 3 ingredients that you literally just "dump" together. Many people call this a dump cake, but I prefer cobbler... it just sounds fancy :) Keep these simple ingredients in your pantry and when a last minute guest comes over pop it in the oven for a delicious treat!

Ingredients:
-1 box yellow cake mix
-2 cans cherry pie filling
-1/2 cup (1 cube) butter or margarine (melted)

Instructions:
-pour pie filling into 9x13 pan
-sprinkle cake mix over filling
-drizzle melted butter over cake mix
-place in 350ยบ oven for 1 hour
-enjoy! (this is great with ice cream/whipping cream/whipped topping)

*I have also substituted the cherry pie filling for apple pie filling and pumpkin pie filling. Both are delicious!!! I'm still waiting for a chance to try peaches and blueberries, yum... any volunteers for last-minute visitors?

10 comments:

sarana

i have a similar one for peach cobbler! dh doesn't really care for stuff too sweet, so i just use canned peaches instead. now, i want one! either you need to stop posting scrumptious photos/recipes or i need to stop reading your blog, bc i always leave hungry. who am i kidding though, if it's dessert i'm all over it. here's to cheating!!

brittany marie davis

I agree - - I always leave your blog hungry and ready to go bake some yumminess.

Ashleigh

YUM!

Connie

Oh yum. I forgot about this cake. Thanks for reminding me and I think cobbler sounds much better than dump cake!

Line

I love how easy this recipe is. Thanks for sharing it with me those many years (well, maybe it was just two :) ago. I've tried it with peaches and I think that's my favorite. :)

Cam and Lohi

I just came back from Moloka'i and just discovered this recipe. We did the peaches version. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! My dad (and the rest of us) liked it so much that my mom made it 3 times over a 1 week period. It's sooooo yummy with vanilla ice cream.

Inouyes

Oohh...love simple/easy yet YUMMY recipes!

Unknown

YUMMMY ILL BE EXPECTING THIS WHEN WE COME ON THURS lol!!! love u tina cant wait!!!

Hazel

We have now made this a few times with peaches. Turned out best with canned peaches in light syrup. The heavy syrup was way too sweet.

This dish is Yum.A.Lum

Thanks for sharing.

Hazel
This comment has been removed by the author.